IPC & UNCG Scholarships
With the help of some very generous donors who value the role of international education, UNCG's International Programs Center offers travel grants in amounts up to $1,100 to hundreds of students studying abroad on UNCG programs every year.
IPC Travel Grant
► For semester/year programs, awards vary based on program location and length, but are typically between $600 and $1,000.
Lloyd International Honors College students in good standing can receive up to $1,100 for a semester/year program.
Students do not need to apply and are automatically considered when they apply to an eligible UNCG or ISEP partner program.
► Summer travel grants are limited, but students participating in eligible programs will be invited to apply in early spring for an award of $150-200.
Lloyd International Honors College students in good standing may receive up to $400 for a summer program.
Currently, Students traveling on short-term programs during the fall or spring semesters are not eligible to receive travel grants.
Other UNCG Department Scholarships
Many other UNCG schools and departments offer their own scholarships specifically for study abroad and international travel. Click on any of the scholarship names or links to learn more. Even if your department is not specifically listed below, you should check to see what kind of funds may be available.
- Scholarships listed by The Division of Student Affairs may be open to UNCG students from all schools and departments.
- Doris B. Meritt & Joseph E. Meritt International Study Fund: Bryan School students participating in a university-sponsored international travel program.
- Hazel and James Epting International Study Fund: Bryan School students participating in a university-sponsored international travel program.
- Kathryn Rettew Bregman Scholarship: Bryan School students participating in a university-sponsored international travel program in China.
Click here for more Bryan-specific opportunities.
The College of Arts and Sciences includes many majors in the Arts, Humanities, and Sciences.
- Jewel and Bob Hoogstoel International Scholarship: Students studying abroad majoring in Interior Architecture.
- LLC Departmental Scholarships: Students majoring in French/Spanish; students majoring/minoring in German. Applicants can be undergraduate or graduate students.
- Wyatt Lee Martin Fund: Students studying abroad majoring in Philosophy or Religious Studies.
Click here for more CASA-specific opportunities.
- Dr. Barbara Clawson Nonwestern International Travel Award: Students studying abroad in nonwestern countries. Applicants must be HHS undergraduate or graduate students.
- Thomas B. Scullion International Program Award: Students studying abroad majoring in Social Work. Applicants can be undergraduate or graduate students.
Click here for more NUR-specific opportunities.
- SOE Abroad: Education students can receive up to $1,000 for their study abroad program, including faculty-led, summer partner, or semester/year exchanges.
- Smiley Award:The Smiley Award supports global educational opportunities for current undergraduate and graduate students in the School of Education at UNC Greensboro. Undergraduate or graduate School of Education students who serve as outstanding global education ambassadors through international or local engagement may apply for this award.
Click here for more CVPA-specific opportunities.