There are many sources of funding for study abroad beyond what is offered by departments at UNCG. Click on any of the scholarship names or links below for more information. Keep in mind that you should begin your scholarship search and applications early, as many deadlines may be soon after our application deadline.
► Featured Prestigious National and International Fellowships
Click here for more opportunities.
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship Program: Any student who currently receives a Pell grant as part of their financial aid is eligible to apply for this scholarship to help fund a study abroad program of 21+ days. UNCG students have a strong track record of receiving this award and The International Programs Center can help you with your application.
Critical Need Language Award: Gilman applicants who plan to study language while abroad can apply for additional funds. Languages currently include Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, and more.
- Boren Scholarship: This award is specifically for students studying critical languages who are committed to future work with the federal government. Languages currently include Arabic, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, and more.
► Featured Area/Location-Specific Scholarships
► Featured General Study Abroad Scholarships
- Fund for Education Abroad: FEA provides a general scholarship, and coordinates applications for several partners--one application with them allows you to apply for any eligible funds at once. Open to any program that is at least 28 days, and meant for promising undergraduates who demonstrate financial need. NOTE: FEA's application deadline may be earlier than our study abroad application deadline, so plan ahead to apply.
- Rainbow Scholarship: Coordinated by FEA, this scholarship is open to LGBTQ+ students participating in a program of at least 28 days.
- Diversity Abroad: This network provides an array of funding opportunities for students who may be underrepresented in study abroad programs, including minority, first-generation, LGBTQ, low-income, and disabled students.
- Phi Kappa Phi: This $1000 award is open to any undergraduate student at UNCG with a 3.75+ GPA.
- Rotary Scholarships: Availability and eligibility vary by district.
- Hendersonville Student Ambassador: Open to students with strong ties to Henderson County, N.C. and whose primary residence is located in the county.
► Other Scholarship Resources
These sites may help you search for other scholarship opportunities not listed here.
⇒ Know of an amazing scholarship opportunity you'd like to share? Email email@example.com to let us know!